Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welsh Buttery Branch

Thanks to my blog, a welsh cousin (James) has made contact with me. Very cool. He says:
"I was born in the county of Pembrokeshire, in a small (and absolutely stunning) fishing town in west wales called Fishguard, all the surviving Butterys are still there including my mam and aunt."
James said this about his family in his first email:
"My mother Suzanne Dyer (formerly Buttery) was sorting through her attic at Christmas time and stumbled upon her Grandfathers (Joseph Henry Buttery) medals from world war I. She passed them to me to keep them in the family and because of my interest in military history. By researching his military number which is engraved on the medal I opened up some interesting avenues for research, including your website."
Fishguard, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Amazon Picks