Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

One year ago I did not know who my great grandparents were. I thought I had no roots and called myself a "plain white bread american." A year ago I was reflecting on the many lives lost in the year 2010--family friends and relatives, and many famous personalities. At the end of 2011--just a few weeks ago--I held in my hands a Christmas card postmarked LITTLE BAY EAST, NEWFOUNDLAND. Amazing! 2010 was a year of loss, and 2011 was a year of loved ones GAINED!

My life is so much richer with the discovery of many DEAR relatives throughout Canada and even Australia! I now travel the world while sitting here at my computer. Everyone needs to discover their roots and learn about who they really are. It's also a way of bringing our loved ones back to life. I'd like to think future generations will do the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Amazon Picks