Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Phone Call to Newfoundland

Download Buttery Family Chart PDF
Today I placed a call to Hazel Kettle in Grand Bay! We had a delightful chat and I was able to gather a little more info. for the chart, as well as correct some errors. Hazel is the 11th and final child of John Edward Buttery (1885-1971). She is also the last surviving child. John was Eliza's (Gammy) brother, so Hazel is my 1st cousin 2x removed. Hazel was a very good niece to Gammy. She stayed in touch and sent most of the photos and postcards I found in Gammy's possessions. I hope I can meet her in person one day soon. Here are some photos.

Hazel is in the center between her sisters.
Hazel is 2nd from left-1970

Hazel on left with Dad and oldest sibling Sadie
In 2009 with great grands

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Amazon Picks