Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Evidence of Scottish Roots

There has always been an understanding that the LBE Scott clan had Scottish roots, but I haven't seen any evidence until now. FYI--many Scotts came from England and Ireland.

My evidence is a death certificate I found for Capt. George "Thomas" Scott who died in 1944 in North Sydney. In a box designated "Racial Origin", it says "Scottish." I was quite thrilled to find this as I have a fondness for the Scots. In the 80s I visited the area of Edinburgh, and as a child, my parents took me to see a performance of The Royal Scots Guard (bagpipes) in Asheville, NC. I memorized their unique march, listened to their album, and wanted to learn how to play the bagpipes. Lucky for my parents I never did. HA!

There's just one downside to this important document...a couple of the boxes were filled in incorrectly, so who's to say the Scottish origin is correct? If anyone has more solid evidence and/or certificates of any other family members, PLEASE contact me! newfiescott@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Amazon Picks