Sunday, March 30, 2014

R.I.P. Walter William Scott (1928-2014)

I am sad to announce the passing of Walter (AKA Walt or Sonny) Scott this morning in Rochester, NY. He was the son of Walter Archibald Scott from Little Bay East, Newfoundland. Obituary

Walter worked at Kee Lox, a paper company, many years before getting hired by Eastman Kodak and working on the instant camera until his retirement in 1990.

FYI: Many Scotts were associated with Eastman, including my great grandfather William Scott of Little Bay East.

Left with sister Shirley Alice mid 1930s

2nd from top right circa 1940s



Walter & Lorraine

4 comments:

  1. Rachel Francisco (Scott)March 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM

    He was also a wonderful grandpa and great grandpa. He was my best friend, the person I talked with every single day, the first I wanted to tell any good news to. I am glad he will be back with my grandma and he can tell her all about the great grandkids.. They were truly amazing people and I love them so much and miss them terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Rachel. That is very moving. Thanks for posting. I would have posted more, but that's all I know. Hope I was correct in everything.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this Michelle! He will be missed as well as the Scotts who passed before him.
    Walter A. Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! This is why we must preserve info and history--so those who leave us will not be forgotten and live on in our hearts and memories.

      Delete

My Amazon Picks