Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to Grand Bay Research

This new year I am happily in touch with the brother of the Buttery brothers who tragically drowned in 1963.
The other day, he sent me this photo of Buttery brothers John Edward and William. This is the oldest photo I've seen of "Bill." (he is much younger in the other photos I have seen)
 
I was looking for the info I had previously posted on the two siblings who remain a mystery to me and had a hard time finding the info, so I am reposting again. They are Walter Frederick Buttery and Rosie (Rose) Hannah Buttery. This is the info. I have on them.
 
Walter Frederick Buttery 
  • Born in 1888
  • Married Annie Leriche Buttery Anderson (1890–1972) who remarried Hubert Anderson and had 1) Gordon, 2) Mary 3) Jane Purchase
  • Had these 3 children:
  1. Hannah Buttery Pike Kettle Bragg (1909-1939), adopted by Charles & (grandmother) Elizabeth Pike in 1909, divorced Arthur Kettle (1902-)
  2. Rebecca M. Buttery (1912-1970), married Philip G. Francis (1907-1991), both buried in PAB
  3. Eliza Beatrice Buttery (1914-1990), lived in North Sydney, NS, Married Ralph Frederick Bond (1912-1953) in 1934 and Job Sturge (1920-1991)
 Rosie (Rose) Hannah Buttery (24 Oct 1896-before 1935)
  • Married Fredrick Blackmore (1892-?)
  • Had 2 children. (1) John Blackmore (1916-?) Was a seaman. Visited George Blackmore in Halifax, 1937. (2) Annie Blackmore (1920-?) Worked as a domestic on King Street in North Sydney, NS, 1937.
  • 1921 census shows them all together living in Channel.
  • In 1922, Fred traveled to North Sydney, NS from St. John's with John and Annie.
  • 1935 census shows everyone but Rose in channel. There is a new wife named "Eloshia P." (1881-1966) She is buried at Mt. Patricia Cemetery (Anglican) Bay St. George's District next to Arthur Blackmore.
  • 1945 census has Eloshia married to Arthur

Mystery Photos
Can anyone identify the people in these photos?
Could this be Rose (right)with Eliza (left)?

These were all in the possession of Eliza
Who is the young girl on the left? I have figured on the middle two belonged to Maude Buttery. Location: Rochester, NY?
More Photos, Please!
I love photos, so send anything you have and PLEASE help preserve the memory and record of those who have passed! Someday it will be you.

2 comments:

  1. I am the grand daughter of Eliza Beatrice buttery sturgeon. My mom was her daughter and her father was ralph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please contact me? I would love to chat! newfiescott@gmail.com

      Delete

My Amazon Picks