Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rogue Genes

I've learned that recessive genes can pop up in bizarre ways. A few months ago I discovered a lumber company with the same name and in the same town where my grandmother was born. Her father's family was in lumber. On the company website, there is a photo of the owner--same last name as my grandmother and he's the spitting image of her. I know they are related but I haven't yet uncovered the connection. It will take a bit of digging. My Uncle and his grandson also have similar features.

Cora and Clyde know I've been interested in the "large chinned" people--particularly the unidentified ones in a few photos. Amelia Scott Nesbit and her son Thomas had very distinct features. (They are on the top row of this photo.) Jay Leno has these same features. Jay's mother was born in Scotland and we know the Scott family is probably from Scotland (duh), but we don't have a solid trace. Who doesn't love a good mystery?!
It's possible the 2 ladies on the bottom could be Amelia.
Wikipedia: James Douglas Muir Leno was born in New Rochelle, New York, on April 28, 1950. His mother, Catherine (née Muir; 1911–1993), a homemaker, was born in Greenock, Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Amazon Picks