Sunday, June 12, 2011

Those Crazy Kettles!

So, I knew that a few Butteries married Kettles (see the PAB page), and I knew I had to eventually plot them out in my charts. I've also been wondering how on earth everyone keeps track of family roots in the area of Grand Bay/Channel-PAB, or even Newfoundland, for that matter. I have found over and over again instances of Lomonds (aka Lowman), Kettles and Butteries (aka Buttrie) marrying back and forth, and have also wondered if they have some kind of yearly family reunion...or do they just wait to reunite in the graveyard they all seem to be buried in? (HA..just kidding) I have tapped into a Facebook page of a "Paul Lomond", and his friend list reads like the cemetery--tons of Kettles and Lomonds. Incidentally, despite numerous attempts to contact Paul, he hasn't acknowledged me, and maybe I know why....are you ready for this?

Last night I stumbled upon a Guiness World Record made by "Wilson Kettle" in 1963. I don't know if the record has since been broken, but Wilson (born, raised, and died in Grand Bay) had the record for the most living descendants! He had over 305 great-great-grandchildren and a total of 582 living descendents!!!! Mom had always been told she had a lot of cousins named Kettle, but she didn't know this! I think I'll give her a call in a few minutes! :-)

Anyway, Paul Lomond may be weary of hundreds of people claiming relations to him...just as I have. HA

Addendum: Kettle Roots found here 
Addendum 2: Wilson is the husband of my "2nd Great Grand Aunt" HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Amazon Picks